Goose Lake Watershed District Meeting May 2nd, 2021
- Call To Order – Jeff Spitzer Resnick 5:06pm
- Open Meeting Compliance – Posted in 2 places by Onie and shared on website by Jim
- Roll Call – Jeff Spitzer Resnick, Onie Karch, Fred Mess, Kim Tempel, Chuck Quick
- Agenda Approval – Motion to Approve Chuck Quick, 2nd Onie Karch,approved unanimous
- Minutes Approval – Minutes were not approved due to Don Homan’s healthrelated absence, Jeff noted a request for meeting minutes from a constituent. We don’t have a published copy available to the public. Those notes have been provided for publishing on the website.
- Treasurer’s Report – Treasurer’s Report not available due to Royal Bank login issues, to be sent the week following the meeting.
- Open Issues
- Approveexpendituresover$500.00,discusspossiblefutureexpenditure(s)andnotify the treasurer of upcoming expenditures of any amount. – None
- Update on Storage Building – Don had been working on putting the shed outto bid. Nick may have a status update and Onie was going to check withDon’s family.
- Adams Cty. water accumulation resolution proposal – Chuck was going to seeabout getting on this committee to see what direction this proposal isheaded.
- Placement of pier into lake – Jeff to follow-up with Nick about getting the pierin the water. Discussion about storage at the pier being less than desirable.Onie offered to help with the tractor if available.
- Discuss weed harvesting plans – Fred will get in touch with John. Fredexpressed some personal issues going on with him.
- Discuss Goose Lake spring condition – Jeff saw a huge Snapping Turtle underthe water from his kayak. Chuck reported a lot of fishermen. Bald eagleshave been spotted fishing in the lake.g. Setnextmeetingdateandtime-OnieproposedmeetinginpersonatJackson Town Hall. Chuck added that in-person meetings offer easier communication. Jim reported he would have participated more often prior to moving here full-time if the meetings were also made available via Zoom. Jeff shared the concern of a lack of a statewide Mask mandate. Onie
reported that the town hall has its own masks required sign and seating is
limited to encourage social distancing. h. Anyothernewbusiness-None
- Old Business: – None
- Open Forum for Public Input followed by adjournment – Motion to adjourn OnieKarch, 2nd Chuck Quick, adjourned 5:49pm